Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Better then IHOP

Well unbeknown-st to be Shawn LOVES pancakes. I have been planning to make them for a while but have been putting them off since I am not fond of them.

Up in my recipe basket (the needs to be cleaned) I had a recipe the I had tried before and liked. Well I decided to bit the bullet and make them for Shawn again.

They were better then I remember. The only down side is if you have a small family you will be eating pancakes for a while. I had enough to freeze for 6 different breakfast. it is nice, Shawn can just pull a bag out of the freezer and take them to work and he has homemade pancakes. Kayden loved them too, He ate everything on his plate - This does not happen often. He told me they were better then IHOPs.




I can not remember where I got this recipe at

Pete's Scratch Pancakes


2 cups flour
2 T baking powder
3 T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beat them separately before adding to mixture
1/4 cup butter, melted (1/8 of a pound)
1 3/4 cups milk

Mix the dry items first. Melt the butter, whisk in the eggs, and then slowly whisk in the milk. Stir in the dry ingredients.

Let sit at least 10 minutes while heating the pan.

These will be high, but light and fluffy.



Ready to go in the freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment