Wednesday, January 20, 2010

PIZZA

I must of been in a homemade mood yesterday - I also had homemade pizza for dinner. I love this recipe and have been using it for a couple years. Our favorite way to make it is on the BBQ but we did not do that last night. I made a double batch and froze 3 of them so that when we want pizza I just have to grab one out of the freezer.

Last night I made it with pepperoni, salami, bacon and fresh pineapple. We are known to also make a garlic chicken, BBQ chicken and taco pizza. This recipe also makes good bread sticks.





This one I got of  Cooking for your family a couple years back. I love that site.

Master Pizza Dough


3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 package FLEISCHMANN'S RapidRise Yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup very warm water (120 to 130oF)
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
Cornmeal

In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, and salt. Stir very warm water and olive oil into dry ingredients. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface10 minutes.

Lightly oil 1 (14-inch) or 2 (12-inch) round pizza pan(s).** Sprinkle with cornmeal. Shape dough into smooth ball. Divide and roll dough to fit desired pan(s). Bake in preheated hot oven (450)for about 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment