Sunday, January 10, 2010

Breakfast !!!

We usually only make big breakfast on the weekends and most of the time we do it together - I love cooking as a family.




I had some apples that needed to get used up so I goggled a recipe for apple pancakes and found one for a puffed oven apple pancake. It was delish and more like a egg custard. I tried to turn it onto a plate and had no luck. But it still lasted really yummy. I served it with some homemade apple sauce and bacon and sausage. Shawn Uncle D stopped by on his way home from a date to join us and said he loved it. I love cooking for other people. That how you can tell if I like ya is if I will cook for you. The recipe I found on http://www.allrecipies.com/ . I have found a bunch of recipes on that site. I go there often. I also got the recipe for the homemade apple sauce there.







On Sunday we made a breakfast casserole that we make often - We had some ham that needed to be used up so we put that in it. We have made it with bacon and sausage before and I really think I like it with the bacon best. I have made this when we first for to FL for Shawn's family - there was I think 12 of us. Everyone loved it. it also reheats well. We also had fresh pineapple that was really good. I think I should freeze some of it. Like I said this is one I use often and got the recipe off of a babycenter.com board I get on called cooking for your family.

http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a535/cooking_for_your_family





Hope ya enjoy !!!


Apple Oven Pancakes

4 eggs
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large tart apple - peeled, cored and sliced

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a large bowl, blend eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, melted butter. Let batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight.

Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon . Sprinkle mixture over the butter. Line the pan with apple slices. Sprinkle remaining sugar over apples. Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles, then gently pour the batter mixture over the apples.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Slide pancake onto serving platter and cut into wedges.

Stovetop Apple Sauce

4 Apples - Peeled, Cored and sliced.
3/4 cup Water
1/4 Sugar
As much Cinnamon as you want

Heat all ingredients on stove still they are the desired tenderness. Mush with a potato masher.


Grandma Mack’s Breakfast Casserole

1 Tube Refrigerated Crescent Rolls (8 Oz)
2 Cups Breakfast meat
6 Eggs (beaten)
½ Cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
2 Cups Home Fries
1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese

Step 1: Arrange Crescent rolls on the bottom of a 13x9 in baking dish, pressing together at seams to seal. Place cooked meat on top of the crescent rolls. Beat the eggs and milk and set aside. Layer the hash browns over the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Pour egg mixture over the hash brown. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Sometimes we just salsa on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment