So I have been really bad the last couple of nights with posting about my dinners or even taking pics. The last one I took pics of was Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps. SO GOOD. If taste like some of the ones you get at fancy restaurants. But mine are better and so easy. Shawn does not like his wrapped in lettuce so I serve them with rice and garnish with chopped peanuts. Shawn made the rice to go with it and of my I could of eaten all the rice, I don't know what he did to it but it was good.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
1 Tbs veggie oil
2 Tbs minced onion
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 lb cut up chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbs bottled chili sauce
1 Tbs granulated sugar
1/3 cup minced peanuts
1 head butter or Boston lettuce, separated
1. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir fry onion in hot oil for several minutes. Add the garlic stir fry for 1 minute. Add the meat and separate for even cooking. Stir in soy sauce, chili sauce and sugar.
2. Cook until meat is brown and crumbly and the liquid is reduced, stirring frequently. Spoon the meat mixture into a serving bowl. Place peanuts in small bowls and the lettuce on a platter.
3. Self serve: Spoon meat mixture onto a lettuce leaf and minced peanuts, and roll tightly.
Second night I have not posted about was Yummy Pork chops. Yes the are really called that and they are really yummy, I get to have left over for lunch tomorrow and am looking forward to it. We had rice with this too and I don't know why but it was not as good as the first night and Shawn cooked them both times. I forgot to take a pic of dinner but oh boy it is good or should I say YUMMY.
Yummy Pork Chops
2 cups Italian-style salad dressing
1/4 cup soy sauce ( I do about ½ or what ever looks good that day)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless pork chops
1 Large onion – Sliced
In a bowl, mix the Italian-style salad dressing, soy sauce, and pepper.
Place the pork chops and onion in a skillet over medium heat, and cover with the dressing mixture. Cover skillet, and cook pork chops 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking to desired doneness.
Today was my first day back and work and wanted something easy for dinner, I had some frozen raviolis and made up some homemade spaghetti sauce and popped it in the over for a little while with some cheese. I served it with roasted cauliflower and left over french bread, So yummy. I forgot to take a pic tonight too.
Maybe tomorrow I will remember before I eat it all.
half a large cauliflower (trimmed/cut to bite size)
4 Cloves garlic, peeled (I use more I love it)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more to drizzle
Parmesan Cheese - Shredded
1. Mix oil, salt, pepper and garlic together
2. Toss in cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish.
3. Roast in a preheated oven of 450 degrees for 20 mins then pull out give it a toss and add cheese, return to oven for an additional 10 mins.